Dana Highlights New High-Performance Technologies for the Aftermarket at SEMA
Nov 5, 2013
MAUMEE, Ohio, Nov. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Building on its commitment to deliver a strong portfolio of core products to the aftermarket, Dana Holding Corporation (NYSE: DAN) today is rolling out its new high-performance products during the 2013 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show, Nov. 5-8, in Las Vegas. Dana will premiere its Spicer® front axle shafts for the Jeep® Wrangler JK, performance differential gaskets, and performance adjustable shocks, among other technologies.
The durable Spicer front axle shafts for the Jeep Wrangler JK offer unparalleled strength, yielding significant improvement in fatigue life. Suitable for on- and off-road applications, the Spicer™ performance adjustable shocks are direct-fit shock absorbers that deliver sound quality and high performance for any road condition or vehicle demand. The Spicer high-performance differential gaskets are reusable and provide maximum sealing durability.
"With a customer-driven approach to deliver an unparalleled aftermarket experience, Dana parts are engineered for peak performance and optimum strength for the road, track, and trail," said Bill Gryzenia, vice president and general manager for the Dana Aftermarket Group. "Customers get the confidence they need from our genuine and trusted products, while unleashing the full power potential of their vehicle."
In booth No. 36179 at SEMA, Dana will feature its new and recently improved products, which are featured in its new high-performance literature pack:
- Spicer front axle shafts for the Jeep Wrangler JK: Upgraded axle shaft designs for Dana 30™ and Dana 44™ axles deliver a 300 percent increase in fatigue life and a 2,000 percent improvement in high-angle fatigue life. The new shaft's Spicer universal joint size has increased from a Model 1310 to a Model 1350, and the use of micro-alloys has increased strength. Additionally, the outer stub has been redesigned to enhance snap ring retention, and material has been added to the yoke ears to equalize deflection and reduce bearing cap spin. These shafts are sold as complete assemblies saving the time to install the universal joints.
- Spicer performance adjustable shocks: Hand-built by Walker Evans Racing for Dana, the direct-fit shock absorbers are designed for Jeep Wrangler JKs with 3- to 5-inch lifts. A 16-position adjustability coupled with a billet aluminum reservoir delivers a 250 percent range of damping force with easy adjustments for street or trail conditions.
- Spicer axle vent bladder kit: A complete universal repair solution, which attaches to the axle vent tube and captures heated/churned axle lube that has leaked out of the vent and safely returns it back to the axle. This sealed system also prevents mud and water from entering through the axle vent, protecting the axle from contamination and keeping it operating in extreme conditions.
- Spicer high-performance spools: Developed to deliver on-demand traction for racing enthusiasts and off-roaders, these spools offer improved traction, additional strength, and simplicity. This all-makes program stands up to the rigors of large tires, rugged terrain, and high torque.
- Spicer high-performance differential gasket: This maximum-durability gasket is made of proprietary material that features an anti-stick coating and a woven-steel core that can withstand the exceptional performance requirements. Reusable in most circumstances, the program includes 12 all-makes SKUs that allow for easy and fast field repairs.
- Dana's genuine Crate Axle™ program: Complete with housings, gears, bearings, and axle shafts, the axle replacements offer out-of-the-box genuine Dana quality for Dana 44™ and Dana 60™ rear axles. Dana's recently added ratios – 4.56, 4.88, and 5.13 – are now available on the Dana 44 rear axle.
- Spicer one-piece aluminum driveshafts for the Ford Mustang: Available in 3.5- and 4-inch diameters, the driveshafts provide a smoother, quieter ride and eliminate the need for a center bearing while maximizing vehicle acceleration. The 4-inch-diameter driveshafts provide the additional benefit of higher RPMs with less noise, vibration, and harshness (NVH). No adapter is required for this driveshaft, which is equipped with a new CV joint fitting that bolts directly to the OE vehicle flange.
- Spicer ring and pinion gear offerings: Dana develops a durable line of ring and pinion gearing using a range of controlled processes, including face hobbing, shot peening, lapping, and heat treatment. The precision-machined gearing offers an easy set up and enables a smoother ride, while reducing NVH. Dana recently expanded gear ratios to include 4.56, 4.88, and 5.13 for the Dana 44 (226 mm) Jeep Wrangler JK and Dana 60 (248mm) rear axles.
To learn more or to speak with a Dana representative about its new and upgraded product offerings, stop by booth No. 36179 in the South Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center during the 2013 SEMA Show, Nov. 5-8, in Las Vegas.
About Dana in the Aftermarket
Powered by recognized brands such as Dana®, Spicer®, Victor Reinz®, Glaser®, GWB®, Thompson®, Tru-Cool®, SVL®, and Transejes™, Dana delivers a broad range of aftermarket solutions – including genuine, all makes, and value lines – servicing passenger, commercial, and off-highway vehicles across the globe. Leveraged by a global network of 13 distribution centers, Dana's dedicated aftermarket team provides technical service, customer support, high fill rates, and on-time delivery to customers around the globe. For more information, please visit www.dana.com/aftermarket.
About Dana Holding Corporation
Dana is a world-leading supplier of driveline, sealing, and thermal-management technologies that improve the efficiency and performance of passenger, commercial, and off-highway vehicles with both conventional and alternative-energy powertrains. The company's global network of engineering, manufacturing, and distribution facilities provides original-equipment and aftermarket customers with local product and service support. Based in Maumee, Ohio, Dana employs more than 23,000 people in 26 countries and reported 2012 sales of $7.2 billion. For more information, please visit www.dana.com.
SOURCE Dana Holding Corporation
For further information: Jeff Cole, 419-887-3535, firstname.lastname@example.org