The Ultimate Dana 44™ Axle Introduced At SEMA
Direct-fit, Bolt-in Upgrade Available for Jeep® Wrangler
Nov 5, 2015
LAS VEGAS, Nov. 5, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Expanding the company's extensive portfolio of aftermarket products, Dana Holding Corporation (NYSE: DAN) today introduced The Ultimate Dana 44™, an improved-strength front axle for the Jeep® Wrangler. The announcement was made at the 2015 Specialty Equipment Manufacturers Association (SEMA) Show, held here through Nov. 6 at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
The new axle, which is a bolt-in replacement upgrade for front axles on all Jeep Wranglers from 2007 to the present, reflects the needs of serious off-roaders and incorporates the features and durability that they desire.
"Jeep Wrangler off-road enthusiasts frequently modify their vehicles to improve performance," said Doug Wolma, vice president and general manager, Dana Aftermarket Group. "In order to satisfy this demand, we have incorporated numerous features into The Ultimate Dana 44™ axles that are designed to deliver extreme off-road performance."
Among these improvements are:
- Increase axle tube thickness to 5/16-inch for improved strength, rigidity, and durability;
- Redesigned, thicker brackets with 1/4-inch steel that resists bending;
- Spicer® nickel chromoly axle shafts designed for optimal strength and performance;
- Spicer® Life Series® (also known as SPL®) 1350 u-joints with triple lip seals and full-circle clips for ultimate protection and retention; and
- High-strength nodular iron performance differential cover with a Spicer® performance gasket.
Other features of The Ultimate Dana 44™ front axles include:
- Selectable locking electronic differentials;
- Genuine Spicer® gearing with expanded aftermarket gear ratios: 3.73, 4.10, 4.56, 4.88, 5.13, and 5.38;
- Pinion angle optimized for lifted vehicles;
- An increased gross axle weight rating (GAWR);
- Improved caster angle for lifted Jeeps; and
- Upper and lower control arms in the same location as original equipment.
Dana will highlight a number of new products at its SEMA Show booth, No. 36179, located in the South Hall Upper Level at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
More information about The Ultimate Dana 44™ front axles is available at www.SpicerParts.com, or by calling Dana Customer Service at 1-800-621-8084.
About Dana in the Aftermarket
Powered by recognized brands such as Dana®, Spicer®, Victor Reinz®, Glaser®, GWB®, Thompson®, Tru-Cool®, SVL®, and Transejes™, Dana delivers a broad range of aftermarket solutions – including genuine, all makes, and value lines – servicing passenger, commercial, and off-highway vehicles across the globe. Leveraged by a global network of 13 distribution centers, Dana's dedicated aftermarket team provides technical service, customer support, high fill rates, and on-time delivery to customers around the globe. For more information, please visit www.dana.com/aftermarket.
About Dana Holding Corporation
Dana is a global leader in the supply of highly engineered driveline, sealing, and thermal-management technologies that improve the efficiency and performance of vehicles with both conventional and alternative-energy powertrains. Serving three primary markets – passenger vehicle, commercial truck, and off-highway equipment – Dana provides the world's original-equipment manufacturers and the aftermarket with local product and service support through a network of nearly 100 engineering, manufacturing, and distribution facilities. Founded in 1904 and based in Maumee, Ohio, the company employs approximately 23,000 people in 25 countries on six continents. In 2014, Dana generated sales of $6.6 billion. For more information, please visit dana.com.
SOURCE Dana Holding Corporation
For further information: Jeff Cole, 419-887-3535, email@example.com