Clevite Engine Parts Revs Up University of Northwestern Ohio’s High Performance Motorsports Program
Jun 15, 2006
ANN ARBOR, Michigan, June 15, 2006 — As anyone involved in motorsports will tell you, the costs are high and entering the motorsports field can be tough. But thanks to the team at Clevite Engine Parts, the road just got a little easier for the students and staff with the University of Northwestern Ohio’s (UNOH) High Performance Motorsports program.
The UNOH High Performance Motorsports program was developed in 1992 and is the first dedicated High Performance Motorsports program in the world. Students in the program receive hands-on training while attending flexible classes taught by 55 full-time professional educators. Students also get to apply what they learn in the classroom by working with ARCA, USAC, DIRT and All Star racing teams on weekends and in the off-season. In addition to featuring state-of-the art motorsports training classrooms and lab facilities, the UNOH High Performance Motorsports Complex — which sits on 7.2 acres — boasts a 500-foot launching pad for drag racing cars, a one-eighth mile asphalt oval for stock cars and truck and a rock climbing hill for off-road vehicles.
In addition to providing technical support to the professional staff and students, Clevite Engine Parts also supplies:
• Clevite 77® engine bearings, Perfect Circle® piston rings, Victor Reinz® gaskets and Clevite Engine Parts for use in the University’s classrooms and labs;
• Three new classroom-use computers that allow students to access Clevite Engine Parts’ online ordering system, technical information and training modules;
• Electronic and print catalogs for student use;
• Motorsports-oriented artwork, posters and banners for use in the new UNOH High Performance Motorsports training facility; and
• Visits by professional race teams to the students and staff.
“Clevite is proud to support the motorsports industry in any way that we can,