Dana Holding Corporation to Showcase Industry-First Technologies at 2010 IAA Commercial Vehicle Expo in Hannover, Germany
Sep 15, 2010
MAUMEE, Ohio, Sept. 15 /PRNewswire/ -- Dana Holding Corporation (NYSE: DAN) plans to showcase advanced products and technologies at the IAA Commercial Vehicle Expo in Hannover, Germany, Sept. 21-30.
Located in Hall 17, Booth B27, Dana will be exhibiting these and other products for the heavy- and light-commercial vehicle markets:
- An all-new Spicer® Diamond™ Series driveshaft. This industry-first, one-piece, lightweight aluminum driveshaft was developed for the commercial truck market using Dana's patented magnetic-pulse welding (MPW) process. The result is a very robust and significantly lighter-weight driveshaft with reduced part count in many applications and reduced overall noise, vibration, and harshness (NVH).
- An enhanced Spicer Life Series® Model 250 universal joint assembly. This product offers customers a 40-percent improvement in dynamic bearing capacity – in the same compact package as its predecessor – to create a driveline with 70 percent more power density compared with it nearest competitor.
- Spicer® AdvanTEK® Model 250 banjo-style beam axle. This new axle design for the light-commercial vehicle market offers best-in-class NVH performance along with durability and reliability, further assisting vehicle manufacturers in meeting fuel efficiency requirements by delivering higher power density in a smaller, lighter product – all within rugged environments.
- Spicer® G140 axle. This single-drive, medium-duty axle is engineered to improve fuel economy, reduce maintenance costs, increase payload, and boost overall performance for medium-duty trucks and buses.
- Spicer® AdvanTEK® Model 220 final drive unit. This light-weight axle with improved gear geometry and aluminum housing offers a higher torque capacity, superior NVH characteristics, improved fuel economy, and greater durability.
- All-new Victor Reinz® Linear Stopper™ gaskets. This innovative sealing component for light and commercial vehicle applications features a trapezoidal element that allows for a highly uniform seal, ensuring improved reliability and durability, as well as reduced oil consumption and bore distortion surrounding gasket bolt holes.
- Long® water-cooled charge air coolers. This efficient, space-saving cooler is constructed using stacked dish technology and light-weight, aluminum stamped alternating plates, providing improved durability and fuel economy.
"Dana has more than a century of experience enhancing the performance and efficiency of engines and drivelines," said Dana President and CEO Jim Sweetnam. "What's more, we offer the broadest product portfolio in our market, satisfying the unique regional and market needs of our many customers. In fact, our expertise spans every type of vehicle application – from small recreational and landscaping vehicles to the largest underground mining equipment – and everything in between."
About the 63rd IAA Commercial Vehicles Expo
The IAA Commercial Vehicles Expo is the most established and longest running commercial vehicle trade fair for mobility, transportation, and logistics around the world. Held bi-annually in Hannover, Germany, by the German Association of the Automotive Industry (VDA), the theme for this year's conference is "Commercial vehicles: efficient, flexible, future-proof."
About Dana Holding Corporation
Dana is a world leader in the supply of driveline products (axles and driveshafts), power technologies (sealing and thermal-management products), and genuine service parts for light and heavy manufacturers. The company's customer base includes virtually every major vehicle manufacturer in the global automotive, commercial vehicle, and off-highway markets. Based in Maumee, Ohio, the company employs approximately 22,000 people in 26 countries and reported 2009 sales of $5.2 billion. For more information, please visit www.dana.com.
SOURCE Dana Holding Corporation